I came across the following blog a few days ago and I just loved it. I actually loved it so much that I wish that I had written it myself. Not every point will apply to each of you necessarily, but the majority will definitely resonate. I'd put money on it........
By Kubi Springer
With my birthday celebrations this week, I have taken the time to reflect on what I have learnt over the years. I wrote this in my diary and thought I should share it with you. My 20 things I wish I knew at 26:
1. You don’t have to fake it, you are already it. Own who God has called you to be.
2. Contrary to what your heart is saying, love will come around again.
3. Your greatest asset isn’t your house, or car, or even friendships, your greatest asset is you.
4. That burger will sit on your hips come 30!
5. Life is seasonal, learn what season you are in and maximise it.
6. Change is a good thing.
7. If you keep focused and determined the risks will pay off.
8. There is always room for negotiation.
9. Surviving on 4 hours sleep won’t make you successful, it will make you tired. Go to bed.
10. Asking for help doesn’t make you weak, it makes you wise.
11. You don’t have to be a bi*ch to be a boss, you have to be ready to serve and develop those under you.
12. It doesn’t have to be lonely at the top.
13. Happiness is a choice.
14. Money is your vehicle to prosperity
15. Some people are genuinely nice; connect with those people.
16. Not every fight needs to be fought. Choose your battles wisely.
17. Great leaders are the one’s who inspire others to be better than them.
18. The journey wont’ be a straight line, it will be more like a zigzag but don’t freak out, you are still on the right path.
19. Don’t ask for riches; ask for wisdom it will get you a lot further.
20. No matter what. You will be okay.
If you enjoyed reading this blog, then visit www.shebuildsbrands.com and sign up for free to become a member and have exclusive access to business classes and inspiring, informative content!