Ever heard of Xero? If not, Xero is a fantastic cloud-based financial system which benefits small to medium sized businesses by keeping track your business income and purchases. For example:
- You can invoice clients using the system, keep track of who owes you money and see how much of each service or product you sell in any period.
- Enter supplier invoices and expenses and keep track of the money being spent and on what.
- Complete VAT returns using the system
- Calculate payroll figures for yourself and any staff you have.
- If you sell a product, you can use Xero as an inventory system.
- Use the information to complete your Self Assessments and End of Year Accounts.
The beauty of this software is the flexibility it gives you to run your business from work, home, or on the go. You can be confident that you have an up-to-date picture of how your business is doing, no matter where you are.
Since September 2015, VASS has been a Xero Certified advisor. Meaning that we have been trained to understand how to use the core functions of Xero. After using another particular piece of software for over 15 years, I have particularly fallen in love with Xero. It is so easy to use and I love that that it is cloud based.
Five ways cloud software benefits your business
1. You have a clear overview of your current financial position, in real-time.
2. Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team
3. Automatic updates mean you can spend more time doing what you love.
4. Everything is run online, so there’s nothing to install and everything is backed up automatically. Updates are free and instantly available.
5. Upfront business costs are reduced – version upgrades, maintenance, system administration costs and server failures are no longer issues. Instead, they are managed by the cloud service provider.
What to see a bit more? Check out this short video.
If you have more questions about Xero, please feel free to email ua on firstname.lastname@example.org . We can train you to use Xero or do your Book Keeping using Xero if you have neither the time or interest to complete it yourself.